Come Grow with Us!
mdg is a marketing and PR agency with head, heart and a passion for what we do — delivering measurable results for association and event clients in diverse categories like education, technology, manufacturing and food & beverage. With a 40-year track record of success, mdg is recognized as the nation’s leading agency in its niche and was named a “Best Place to Work” by Meetings & Conventions magazine. If you’d like to be a part of our supportive, team-based environment, send your resume, cover letter, salary history and office location preference San Diego, D.C., Reston, or Chicago (downtown office opening soon!) to email@example.com.
Account Director (Marketing Director)
CA | DC | IL | VA
- Collaborate with the account services team to execute strategic marketing plans.
- Ensure brand and messaging consistency throughout campaign deliverables.
- Research and recommend appropriate marketing channels and delivery tactics.
- Perform primary and secondary, quantitative and qualitative marketing research.
- Track results and analytics, make appropriate course corrections.
- Ensure longer-term functional objectives are translated into shorter-term tasks.
- 3 or more years of agency and/or association marketing experience (or equivalent).
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in marketing, public relations, communications, psychology or general business).
- Superior language, grammar and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively lead an internal marketing team.
- Excellent project management skills.
- A great attitude, a willingness to learn and master new skills and a commitment to excellence.
CA | DC | IL | VA
While you may be a creative strategist by trade, your initial approach to tackling clients’ business objectives feels more like management consulting. Your audience insights and communications strategies are grounded in business fact. The account strategist ensures that clients’ needs are met by monitoring and guiding directors’ activities and by maintaining proactive, direct contact with clients. The position bears final responsibility for the clients’ strategic marketing direction and success. It requires a solid background in mid- to senior-level marketing or corporate strategy. Advanced verbal and written communications skills, analytical thinking, personal organization and interpersonal dynamics are a must.
The position will be responsible for the development of business and insights that will result in highly creative marketing solutions for clients. This person will be a thought leader—driving strategic offerings, educating staff and clients, developing strategic plans, leading new ideas and positively contributing to ongoing execution. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit and is eager to drive change for our clients and be part of collaborative, creative team environment.
- Develop and oversee campaign strategy and implementation for multiple association and event clients
- Lead an account services team in campaign development, implementation, evaluation and reconciliation
- Direct market research, product/service planning, and advertising functions to accomplish client objectives
- Establish budgets, staffing plans, and resource allocation within the account services team
- Plan, direct, and execute strategic marketing plans to ensure an accurate, consistent message in all marketing initiatives
- Act as a liaison between agency and client for high-level marketing communication
- Participate in agency new business acquisition efforts
- Manage/mentor account services team members
- 7-10 or more years of agency, association and/or event marketing experience
- 5-7 or more years of managerial experience
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in marketing, public relations, communications, psychology or general business)
- Superior language, grammar and communication skills
- Ability to effectively lead an internal marketing team and balance multiple priorities
- Excellent project management and presentation skills
- Knowledge of/experience with digital marketing, branding, and trending marketing strategies
- A great attitude, a willingness to learn and master new skills and a commitment to excellence
Director of Digital Marketing
CA | DC | IL | VA
Are you seeking to further your strategic marketing skills? Work in a fast-paced, tech-driven, highly-creative agency environment? Then, this position might just have your name written all over it.
- Develop comprehensive digital and social strategies for new and prospective clients, including detailed analyses of past campaigns, audience research, and best practice recommendation
- Lead initiatives to implement and refine internal processes related to digital and social marketing, including tactical planning, team assignment, and reporting
- Mentor junior members of the digital marketing team
- Create and facilitate digital trainings for colleagues throughout the agency.
- Collaborate with digital marketing team members to strategize, propose and implement paid digital campaigns across display, social, search, mobile and video networks
- Work cohesively with other marketing and creative teams to develop strategic digital marketing solutions for clients
- Effectively utilize reporting tools to identify and analyze performance and trends.
- Report campaign performance metrics, and make recommendations for performance improvement, to clients at agreed upon interval
- Assist in driving the content strategy, by developing high-quality, and high-touch messaging, in alignment with each client’s unique campaign goals.
- Work with web team to set up integrations across platforms, including containers such as Google Tag Manager or similar technology.
- Where necessary, conduct day-to-day management of paid digital campaigns for clients in multiple verticals, including bid strategy, optimization & reporting, and analytics tracking.
- Effectively manage social and digital campaigns for multiple clients.
- Accurately forecast the scope of work for digital and social campaigns for clients and budget accordingly to ensure projects remain profitable.
- 3-5 years of experience in a strategic digital marketing role is required.
- Google AdWords Fundamentals certification is required. Additional paid platform certifications such as: Google Analytics/Search/Display, Microsoft Adcenter, or Facebook are strongly preferred.
- Ability to think strategically and lead client marketing efforts with creativity and expertise is required.
- Proficiency in both paid and organic social media is required.
- A working knowledge of CRM, email marketing is strongly preferred.
- Experience with third party media buying platforms such as Adroll, Feathr, Doubleclick preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role is preferred.
- Agency, event, or association marketing experience is preferred.
CA | DC | IL | VA
- Design and code responsive HTML emails based on creative concepts and copy documents
- Build easily reusable templates for use in extended email campaigns
- Upload and manage assets in a variety of email deployment systems
- Thoroughly test and schedule completed emails
- Work with the database marketing manager to deploy emails to specific audiences
- 1-2 years experience of superior responsive HTML email coding skills
- Proficiency with a variety of email deployment systems, e.g. Informz, BlueHornet, Marketo, SubscriberMail, etc.
- Familiarity with email design, layout, and development best practices
- Experience using Photoshop or InDesign to extract image assets from design comps
- Efficient, organized workstyle
Positions available in our DC office for Spring and Summer 2017 internships. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter explaining why this is the internship for you!
- You’ll help us get to know our clients’ industries, audiences and competitors better by performing primary and secondary research.
- You’ll be an amazing asset to the account services team, ready to serve on a variety of initiatives from social media to tactical planning.
- You’ll learn about the day-to-day workings of a marketing agency and where you think you fit in the world of marketing and public relations.
- Currently enrolled in OR recently graduated from a full-time Bachelor’s degree program with an accredited university (preferably in marketing, communications, public relations, psychology or general business)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written). We take grammar very seriously here.
- Above all, you must demonstrate professionalism beyond your years, have a collaborative spirit, and a desire to contribute to the success of a rapidly growing agency. Lip-syncing skills don’t hurt either.
Social Media Specialist
Do you live and breath social media? Are you always on the cutting-edge of what’s next in the social marketing? Do you have experience quickly getting up to speed in a diverse array of industries? If so, this position may have your name written all over it.
- Act as an expert resource for internal teams on all things organic and paid social media, including: community management, platform analytics, platform best practices, and paid social media management across social channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Lead organic and paid social strategy and execution for a major education-oriented client, including onsite visits to relevant events
- Work closely with client teams to implement additional social media strategies including content posting and engagement, paid social campaigns, and client community management
- Manage and execute multiple social media campaigns and work effectively and efficiently under time constraints
- Create and update relevant documentation for social media processes and best practices
- Support clients in the lead-up to and during live events on social platforms
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns
- Optimize paid campaigns using analytics tools, KPIs, conversion tracking, etc.
- Utilize social listening tools and platform analytics to provide campaign performance reporting and analysis for multiple clients at various intervals including weekly, monthly, and upon campaign completion
- Work in a collaborative manner with other marketing and creative teams to develop and implement full-stack social marketing solutions for clients
- At least 3-5 years of experience in organic social media (e.g. community management, content development, posting)
- At least 2 years of experience with paid social media marketing across multiple platforms. Mandatory experience with Facebook advertising; additional platforms a strong plus
- Ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side
- Ability to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound
- Ability to think strategically and work on multiple client properties simultaneously
- A working knowledge of digital marketing, email marketing, marketing strategy a strong plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Preferred: background in association and/or trade show marketing
- Degree in Marketing, Communications or equivalent
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases using plugins and APIs as necessary.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to operations and activities.
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent.
- Computer science or web development degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 years experience building responsive/adaptive websites or applications
- Ability to leverage APIs to integrate external systems with PHP-based websites
- Proficiency with WordPress and Drupal installation and custom development
- Knowledge of UX/UI best practices
- Knowledge of coding differences between email and web pages
- Familiarity with robust email deployment and delivery systems (e.g., HighRoad, Informz, Marketo, MagnetMail)
- Familiarity with and ability to participate in standard web design process (wireframes, style tiles, IA, etc.)
- Ability to perform front-end debugging and troubleshooting
- Experience working in different hosting control panels, including setting up databases, editing DNS settings, etc.
- Experience implementing mobile/responsive design
- Understanding of SEO best practice